This is transmitCHINA 2011
Aug 25, 2011
transmitCHINA presented by BlackBerry. Only 19 spots left.
This is the business development tour of the year that includes:
- Amazing experiences such as meetings overlooking the Great Wall of China, inspiring incubator sessions at Beijing's famous 798 District and music showcases at D22, Beijing's legendary punk rock venue.
- Engaging events including transmission's signature roundtables, keynote presentations by international and Chinese thought-leaders, receptions, dinners and a VIP pass to Beijing's hottest new music festival featuring over a 120 domestic and international artists.
- 150 hand-selected delegates representing the international content and creative industries. Visionaries like: Catherine Leung, General Manager of Music & Entertainment at Baidu; David Ben Kay, Chairman of Yuanfen~Flow; David Neale, Office of the CMO, BlackBerry and Si Shen, CEO & Co-founder of PapayaMobile.
“transmitCHINA 2011 is not just a conference, in fact, it’s not a conference at all. Our belief is that that all participants in our events should be offered a full palette of inspiring and even challenging experiences that complement their business objectives. transmitCHINA is the experience that confronts your pre-conceived ideas about this region and what is important to us as human beings.” Tyl van Toorn, Executive Producer & Co-founder, transmitNOW
Let us walk you through the experience of what’s on the menu in Beijing at transmitCHINA 2011 from September 14th to September 17th.
// A true departure from the typical conference experience.
"transmission is the exception in the conference year, where top level people come together to contribute rather than be talked at." Simon Wheeler, Head of Digital, Beggars Group (UK)
September 14th: Take a 45-minute drive to escape from the smog and frenetic pace of Beijing and arrive at the Commune by the Great Wall. Forget hotel, this is a retreat: a sprawling property in the middle of a forest featuring 12 individually designed villas set against the stunning backdrop of the Great Wall of China. Prepare to relax here, put your mind at ease and focus on the stimulating discussions at hand in the most inspiring environment possible.
The Commune by the Great Wall provides a number of unique spaces for both quiet reflection and social gatherings. In fact, we’re taking you out on the evening of the 15th and to enjoy a bottle of fine wine on the Great Wall itself. Then, later on by the pool, dozens of floating lanterns will illuminate the evening while delegates unwind underneath the expanse of the stars.
// Two days of roundtables with some of the sharpest minds in the creative content space can only improve your business strategy.
With the transmitNOW signature roundtable format our job is to invite the finest minds in the creative content and technology industries and bring them together with innovators and entrepreneurs for the purposes of collaborating through face-to-face interactions on issues that matter.
At the roundtables, expect to drill down on some of the most relevant themes around creative content and technology today. Our team has carefully selected three themes to deconstruct at this year’s transmitCHINA TALKS.
- Understanding the Technology of Culture
- Content in the Cloud: De-centralized Data Storage and the Future of IP
- The Global Relevance of China’s Creative Industries
For a full review on programming and themes, please visit our website.
The over-used panel format of most conferences has no place at transmitNOW events. transmitCHINA is no exception. Our roundtables, however, are punctuated by keynote presentations that speak to globally relevant topics that inspire us to think differently about our plans for the future. Expect to capture words of wisdom and knowledge from a great selection of leaders, thinkers and creators:
- David Ben Kay, Chairman, Yuanfen~Flow
- Catherine Leung, General Manager of Music & Entertainment, Baidu
- Larry Namer, CEO & President, Metan Development Group
- David Neale, Office of the CMO, Research In Motion (BlackBerry)
- Si Shen, CEO & Co-founder, PapayaMobile
- Kelly Cha, Host, ZhaZha Club Show
- Eric Garland, CEO, BigChampagne
// Live music in Beijing: Whether it's in the coolest, sweatiest college venues, or in front of 20,000 Chinese kids these are the shows that remind even the oldest road dogs what "punk" actually means.
Our China-based transmitNOW partner, SplitWorks, is presenting their inaugural Black Rabbit Festival happening on September 17th and 18th in Beijing and Shanghai, respectively. With artists like 30 Seconds to Mars, Yellowcard, Hanggai, Carsick Cars, Ludacris, PK14 and more throwing down on the stage, this is the festival to hit in order to better understand where young people are going in China. Registration to transmitCHINA automatically includes a VIP pass to this festival.
// Attending events with innovative young entrepreneurs presenting their latest start-ups? Why not do it at the centre of China's hottest contemporary art district in a gallery with a 50 foot glass bottomed, lap pool suspended from the ceiling?
It’s Beijing’s version of New York’s famed SoHo district, but newer, edgier and thriving with Eastern inspiration. On September 17th, part of your registration package includes a VIP invitation to the Yuanfen~ Flow Incubator Launch. transmitCHINA keynote speaker, David Ben Kay, former Microsoft General Counsel and Chairman of Yuanfen~Flow, has extended a gracious welcome to join him and his team at the exclusive incubator launch in the heart of the 798 District.
At this moment there are still 19 spots available to attend transmitCHINA 2011. If you’re interested, you need to fill out an Invitation Request Form or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And all of those who attend this year can be expecting a little something extra from our Presenting Partner, BlackBerry.
"This is an opportunity to understand the Chinese marketplace. This is an opportunity to connect with some of the brightest thought-leaders in Asia. This is an opportunity to relax, socialize and get off the beaten track. This is a truly unique experience. This is transmitCHINA 2011." Tyl van Toorn, Executive Producer & Co-founder, transmitNOW
// transmitCHINA partners to date: